Overview and Opportunities
Thinking of Volunteering?
I am pleased that you are interested in volunteering at Wolfville School. We are a Primary to grade 8 School with about 325 students and we are proud of the fact that we have a strong corps of volunteers that enrich the many learning opportunities we provide for our students.
Annapolis Valley Regional School Board policy requires that all volunteers undergo a Child Abuse Register search and a Police Records check prior to working with students. If you have not already done so, please complete this process as the first step to becoming a volunteer. You can begin by visiting our school office where Mrs. Swinamer will be pleased to provide you with the necessary forms and review the process with you.
Our school is a busy place where volunteer assistance is welcomed and appreciated. Volunteers enable our staff and teachers to provide a number of services and activities for our students that would otherwise not be possible. Your specific responsibilities will be arranged by the designated teacher or staff person with whom you are working.
Volunteering can be a rewarding and beneficial experience for everyone involved and we want to make sure that you enjoy your experience. Please contact me directly, Mrs. Ruth MacLeod, our Vice-Principal, or any member of our staff to discuss possible ways for you to volunteer.
Thank you again for your interest in volunteering at Wolfville School. I look forward to having you work with us.
Volunteer Opportunities at Wolfville School
Volunteers can work on a set schedule or on an as needed basis. Volunteers are arranged by teachers to help in the classroom, with extracurricular activities or to assist with special services, programs or events for students at our school. Examples of the varied volunteer opportunities available at Wolfville School include:
- Classroom/Program Support (reading, music, math, art, etc.)
- Extracurricular Program Support (sports, musicals)
- Playground Supervision
- Field Trip Chaperones
- Dance Chaperones
- School Advisory Council member (Student/Parent/Teacher/Staff)
- Home & School executive or Activity Coordinator
- Band Parents Association executive
- Playground Improvement Committee member
- Breakfast Club / Kitchen / Canteen Assistant
- Tying skates at the Arena
- Helping with an activity at the Spring Fun Fair
- ‘Class parent’ to support your student’s teacher and class
- Assisting with a special event (e.g. Science Fair judge, Holiday Bazaar)
Wolfville School is ‘Nut Smart’ and ‘Scent Smart’. Out of respect for others, please refrain from bringing nuts or products containing nuts to school, and from wearing scented products.